With nearly a decade in photography, cemented by qualifications of Bachelor of Arts (Visual Communications) from the prestigious Raffles College of Design & Commerce, and a Distinction in Graduate Diploma in Design, Design and Applied Arts from UTS, I am a self employed photographer who has been able to leverage my passion in photography to build a body of work in many fields from fashion to corporate photography.
Between 2003 and 2005 I gained a Bachelor of Design (Fashion and Textiles) with Second Class Honours from UTS, followed by a Graduate Diploma of Design with Distinction in 2005. Whilst attaining my qualifications, I taught at UTS for almost 6 years until 2008, teaching students concept development and mood board presentation using digital design. I Worked casually in the fashion industry – developing design catalogues, product packing, and store display merchandising.
From 2009 to 2012 I primarily worked in the “Not For Profit” industry for a community magazine as head graphics designer, running the daily routine in arranging press-releases, front cover spread fashion photoshoot and event promotions. In this role I was heavily involved with photography which ignited my photography passion.
I left the company to venture in photography, and eventually decided to expand my horizon further by undertaking a Bachelor degree in Visual Communications majoring in Photography. I was nominated as top photography graduate with highest academic achievement in my graduating class of 2015.
I have since had my own exhibition which received critical acclaim and have had works featured in three other exhibitions:
• Curiositas – dedicated exhibition of my work. Curiositas was subsequently chosen for use in the Raffles College Graduation Show in 2015 and associated press material.
• The Kangaroos Bounce Back with Friends exhibition at the TAP Gallery in Darlinghurst, NSW
• Parramatta Seen – a festival hosted by Parramatta Council
My career as a professional photographer has a wide bandwidth whilst focusing on artistic expression through a new photographic series in the making. My corporate and entertainment portfolio includes:
• Sir Lenox Hewitt 100th Birthday Celebration (Private function)
• Flowers For Everyone with Tracy Bevan, McGrath Foundation – Mothers’ Day event
• One Billion Rising for WASH House Inc.
• Raffles College of Commerce and Design Graduate Showcase 2016
• HCF Slingshot Demo
• Terminator Genisys Events Cinema Red Carpet
• Leonardo Salinas “Concept Woman” solo fashion show
• Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
On top of photography, I am also a design and photography educator in the fields of practice-based research, ideas/creativity cognition development and refinement, field learning and committed face to face educator.